Following the latest government statements and updated hygiene restrictions pertaining to the Covid-19 pandemic, the Philharmonic can remain open; of course the current hygiene rules must be complied with at all times. We invite you to browse our regular live concert offerings.
Due to the current situation, we must ask all visitors aged six and up to show proof of eligibility to attend via CovidCheck (QR code or certificate) for admission to all concerts. If you do not have CovidCheck certification, you may conduct a self-test on site, in accordance with current legal requirements.
Wearing a facemask throughout the entire Philharmonie (foyer and concert halls) is mandatory, including for the duration of the concert.
Please be prepared to show proof of a CovidCheck (EU Digital COVID Certificate – EU DCC) when entering the Philharmonie. In order to attend an event, you will need a QR code in digital form (e.g. as a PDF on your phone) or in paper form. This code will be scanned by our ticket takers.
The certificate CovidCheck (EU Digital COVID Certificate – EU DCC) is proof, in form of a QR code, that a person:
* has been fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that only the QR code of the EU Digital COVID Certificate – EU DCC is valid for entrance to the Philharmonie. If you do not have this code yet, please download it via the website guichet-public.lu.
* has a negative COVID-19 test result (PCR test within the last 72 hours, or antigen rapid test within the last 48 hours, carried out and certified by a laboratory or physician or by a pharmacy or rapid test centre of the City of Luxembourg).
* has recovered from an infection with COVID-19 (valid from 11 to 180 days after a positive PCR test result).
If you do not have a certificate, or if your certificate is invalid when you reach the Philharmonie, you may take a rapid test at our own testing zone until 15 minutes before the start of the concert, as mandated by the current legal requirements, subject to availability. Please adjust your schedule accordingly. We cannot guarantee that you will be admitted to the auditorium if you arrive later than 15 miutes prior the concert.
When booking tickets for the Salle de Musique de Chambre or the Grand Auditorium, please note that a free seat will automatically be reserved between members of different households.
• The Philharmonie doors open one hour before the concert. Admission to the hall begins 30 minutes before the event. Please refrain from arriving earlier to avoid groups gathering outside the Philharmonie; However, please do plan to arrive early enough to ensure a smooth admissions process.
• Wearing a face mask is obligatory within the entire building, including throughout the concert.
• In order to comply with current distancing rules, seating capacities in the auditoria remains limited.
•Please keep a minimum distance of 2 meters from people not living in your household.
• Disinfectant dispensers are available in the foyer and in the restrooms.
• Please follow the signage (regarding entries and exits).
• Gastronomic refreshments will be available before and after the concert as well as during the interval. Consumption is only permitted in the designated (seating) area in the Foyer.
• The cloakroom remains closed.
• Elevators are reserved exclusively for patrons in need of this aid.
• Please sneeze or cough into your elbow or into a disposable paper tissue.
• All the regulations stated above are binding, including the rule that you are not allowed to sit next to each other if you do not live in the same household.
• Please follow the recommendations and rules issued by the government of Luxembourg, which can be found at www.covid19.lu.
• In case of doubt, emergency measures take priority over hygiene guidelines.
If You Have Symptoms of Covid-19
We would like to remind you that it is your own responsibility to refrain from attending the concert if you experience symptoms of Covid-19, or if you have recently had contact with a person infected with Covid-19. Should you be unable to attend the concert for these reasons, please email us at email@example.com .The price of your tickets will be refunded in such cases. Please inform us at the latest an hour before the start of the concert if this is the case.
We are eager to welcome you back to breath-taking concerts by great musicians. Still, some things will differ from the familiar, due to the current situation. For all concerts we have taken the most extensive measures possible to ensure the safety of all involved, audience and artists alike.
Discover our up to date programme here.
Cancellations and Modifications
Because of travel restrictions or safety measures, unfortunately it may be necessary to cancel some concerts and to shorten or modify other programmes.
In order to comply with distancing rules on stage and inside the hall, some works requiring a large orchestra might be replaced with others.
We have taken a number of measures to enable you to enjoy your visit to the Philharmonie safely and without concern. This, however, also means that the Ticket Office at the Philharmonie will remain closed to the public for the time being, and you can only buy tickets on the internet or, from Monday to Friday from 10 am to 6 pm, by phone (+352 26 32 26 32). In the following, we offer some important information on ticket purchases.
Purchasing a ticket – either in advance or at the evening box office, which opens one hour before the event – is a prerequisite for attending a concert.
In order to ensure the greatest possible safety of our audience and in compliance with our government’s recommendations, the following conditions currently apply:
Tickets may be purchased only via phone or internet.
Via our website
By phone: +352 26 32 26 32 (from 10 am to 6 pm, Monday to Friday).
When reserving tickets, you will be assigned a numbered seat, which is binding. There are currently no concerts with free seating. When booking tickets for the Salle de Musique de Chambre or the Grand Auditorium, please note that a free seat will automatically be reserved between members of different households.
Your ticket / your tickets will be sent to your smartphone (it is not necessary to print them out). Please show the ticket/s at the main entrance. In accordance with the current rules for events, ticket buyers are asked to submit their contact details (name, first name, address, email address and phone number), so that they may be contacted if necessary.
Evening Box Office
Tickets can be bought physically only one hour before the beginning of the event at the evening box office; here only such places as are still available will be offered for sale.
In case the concert is cancelled, the ticket price will be refunded.
Should you experience symptoms of Covid-19 or have had contact with an infected person, please contact us directly by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can refund the price of your tickets. Please inform us at the latest an hour before the start of the concert if this is the case.
Should you have any questions, our ticket office staff will be happy to assist you by phone (+352) 26 32 26 32 from Monday to Friday between 10 am and 6 pm, or by email – please write to email@example.com.
Season 2020/21 - Refunds for single tickets
If you bought your ticket(s) directly from our website or our box office, you will receive a voucher in the value of the ticket(s) purchased. If you purchased tickets for several events during the period which had to be cancelled, you will receive a separate message for each concert.
You can redeem the voucher until 31.12.2021 when purchasing tickets for all concerts and subscription series of the Philharmonie.
Of course, alternatively you also have the right to receive a full refund for the cost of the tickets. In order to claim your refund, please fill out the form we will email or mail to you and submit it together with the voucher you have received by January 31, 2021, either by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by sending it to our mailing address. The voucher thereby loses its validity. We kindly ask for your understanding for the fact that refunds, especially those by wire transfers, may take longer to process.
Gift Vouchers Valid until December 31, 2021
Due to the current situation, we are extending the validity of all gift vouchers issued in response to concert cancellations due to Covid-19 since March 2020; they are now valid through December 31, 2021.
Refunds for tickets purchased as part of a subscription
For tickets purchased as part of a subscription, your customer account will receive a credit. This credit may be used for future purchases of tickets and subscriptions by simply contacting our information centre & box office.
Of course, alternatively you also have the right to receive a full refund for the cost of the tickets. If you would like to receive such a refund, please download this form, fill it out and email it to email@example.com before July 31, 2020. We kindly ask for your understanding for the fact that refunds, especially those by wire transfers, may take several weeks to process.
The ticket office is closed to the public for the time being but our ticket office staff will be happy to assist you by phone (+352) 26 32 26 32 from Monday to Friday between 10 am and 6:30 pm, or by email.